The DualShock 4 is Sony’s latest iteration of the classic PlayStation controller. It has a rechargeable battery that allows you to play for long periods of time without having to worry about running out of power. But what if you don’t have access to your PlayStation 4? Is there any way to charge your DualShock 4 without a PS4? The answer is yes, and in this article, we’ll show you how.
What You Need
In order to charge your DualShock 4 without a PS4, you’ll need a few things:
- A USB cable: This is the same cable you use to connect your DualShock 4 to your PS4.
- A USB power source: This could be a laptop, a USB wall charger, or a USB battery pack.
- An optional USB charging dock: This is not necessary, but it makes it much easier to charge your DualShock 4.
Once you have all the necessary items, it’s time to charge your DualShock 4. Here’s how:
- Connect the USB cable to your DualShock 4 and the USB power source.
- If you’re using a USB charging dock, place your DualShock 4 into the dock.
- The DualShock 4 will begin charging automatically. You’ll know it’s charging when the light bar on the controller starts to glow.
- Once the DualShock 4 is fully charged, the light bar will turn off.
Tips and Troubleshooting
If you’re having trouble charging your DualShock 4, here are a few tips:
- Make sure the USB cable is securely connected to both the DualShock 4 and the USB power source.
- If you’re using a USB charging dock, make sure the DualShock 4 is properly seated in the dock.
- If the light bar isn’t glowing, try using a different USB power source.
- If the light bar is still not glowing, try using a different USB cable.
Charging your DualShock 4 without a PS4 is easy and straightforward. All you need is a USB cable, a USB power source, and optionally a USB charging dock. Once you have all the necessary items, it’s just a matter of connecting them and waiting for the light bar to turn off, which indicates that your DualShock 4 is fully charged.